Thursday, June 3, 2010

Anyone In There?

Today has been one of the most frustrating days I have had in quite some time. Ever since I left Big Spring for the summer, I have been trying to get together all the paperwork, loan applications, etc., to be totally set for summer classes. It seemed like every time I would call the school to get information about what they needed from me, I could not get a straight answer. Every person I talked to gave me a different story, so that threw me into a whole new state of confusion. About two weeks ago I received a letter in the mail from the school telling me they needed some tax information from both my mother and I. Nowhere in the letter did it state when the tax information would be applied, so my guess was for the summer. After returning all that information to the school in a hurry, I found out the things they requested were for next year; looks like it was back to square one for me. After being on the phone with a worker in the financial aid office for about fifteen minutes, I was finally able to get the answers I needed, just in the knick of time. I had to explain to her my frustrations, and how no one could provide me the basic necessities so that my classes would not be dropped. Today was the last day to turn in any paperwork before they dropped my classes. Turns out I only needed to fill out two documents and send/fax them back in, now why couldn’t they have told me this three weeks ago the first time I called? Total, it took me about two minutes to fill out both papers. Furthermore, I faxed the necessary documents, and now my information is being processed; thank goodness.

What amazes me the most about all of this is the lack of teamwork displayed. Not only was it on one instance, but almost every time I have dealt with this department. I know that everything in life isn’t always going to run according to plan, but you would think after being in business since about 1967, they would update the way they do things instead of relying on techniques practiced in the stone age.

All in all, one very dedicated and knowledgeable employee was able to comprehend what I was asking and succeeded in getting everything straightened out. A huge thanks to this specific woman who actually did her job, she should get a promotion or something. Now I am ready to dive in, and quench my thirst for knowledge about American History and our nation’s government.

Thanks for listening. Until next time, whatever tasks you perform in life, take pride in them, be knowledgeable, and do them whole-heartedly.

1 comment:

  1. 1967 wasn't exactly the stone age. It was the year before I was born. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...