Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fueling the Fire.

Tomorrow is the first day of my sophomore year as a college student. Where does the time go? Anyway, I am so thrilled for this year. So many big things are happening! Today was our first meeting to kick off the recycling program at school. I would call the meeting a success; everyone came with so many great ideas. We have a meeting with the dean of student activities very soon, and that is just the first step of making this program a success.

I was talking with another student the other day about the recycling program, and she told me that recycling in West Texas was a contradictory statement. To me, that was like a slap in the face. Recycling should not be hard to come by; it should be something that everyone does. People take their trash out, so it should be just as easy to do the same thing with recyclables. But I would like to thank the girl for making such a statement; it motivates me even more to make a difference. Raising awareness and educating the people on campus is going to be quite a task, but I hope they see that what we are trying to accomplish is for the greater good.

It looks like I am going to have a busy, but meaningful semester. I’m taking seventeen hours that consist of World Literature, British Literature, Chemistry, United States History 2, and Theatre. I will definitely make use of the time I have left here at Howard College. Until next time, do your part to save our planet and recycle! ☺

2 comments:

  1. You are a great college kid! (but you did forget to come see me on your way to school! :)JK) I do know you were really busy, but I am right here any time you want to see me! We may come to Big Spring for our football game (don't know when that is, you'll probably have a rodeo that weekend) I want to start recycling at church for plastic bottles and paper products. You inspired me for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl!!! I'm really proud of you. Your enthusiasm for life and passion for people will take you far in this life--and the next!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...