Saturday, May 29, 2010

Folks, We Have a Winner.





Today hit the top of the charts for my favorite day of summer so far. It has been way too long since my sister and I have really been able to spend some quality time together. We started the day with a trip to the farmer's market to pick up some locally raised eggs; then proceeded to hit up the thrift stores. Three and a half hours later, we made it back to Erin's house with thrift store treasures galore. Erin was able to curb her need for everything in the store better than I was; she came home with about seven items, me on the other hand with thirty-five. Sounds like a bit much, right? For the record, I only spent twenty-five dollars, and now have a whole new wardrobe.

Just when I thought the day could not bring me any more happiness and joy than already experienced, I was proven wrong. Wanda Jackson was having a FREE concert in Bricktown at 7pm. So Michael, Erin, and I loaded up and made our way to OKC. For those of you who do not know, I am a huge WJ fan, and probably her youngest at that. She is the Queen of Rockabilly, and was inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame last year. Let me tell you, at 72, she can still put on a freaking rockin' concert. We all had a blast! Oh, and did I mention that I got to meet Wanda? One of Erin and Michael's close co-workers happens to be Wanda's granddaughter, so after the show we were able to go meet with Wanda for some photos and autographs. She also showed us pictures, and talked with us about her new album that she recorded with Jack White of The White Stripes. Wanda Jackson is a very neat woman, and was very sweet to chat with us after the show.

Following the concert, we went to grab a bite to eat, then set our sights on Cuppies and Joe for nothing else than cupcakes and coffee. I indulged myself with a vanilla bean cupcake with chocolate buttercream frosting, along with caramel sauce in the middle, topped with sea salt. To say the least it was heaven in my mouth. Accordingly, I washed it down with one of the most ambrosial iced mochas I had ever had. Today has been more than splendid, it has been supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...