Friday, May 28, 2010

Green Means Go.


After finishing up my first year at Howard College, located in "beautiful" Big Spring, TX, I realized that I needed to do something about the recycling situation at school; or lack thereof. So I've devised a plan to make HC more Eco-friendly, one aluminum can at a time.

To start my plan off, I want to set up recycling bins in each hall of the girls dorms, and hopefully be able to provide each room with their own bin or box. Then once a week drop by and pick up all the well disposed of recyclables. From what I have experienced of West Texas, not much is being done to conserve the environment. So from here on out, I am committing myself to advocating that cause.

This weekend, I am going to visit my sister Erin in Oklahoma. She is totally rad, and loves serving her community as well as our environment. I have much to learn from her. We have plans to make our own Eco-friendly laundry detergent, as well as glass cleaner. I cannot wait. What a wonderful alternative to harsh chemicals!

So here is a toast to saving the planet we all love.. And live on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...